Tuesday 6 October 2015

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Sup FoodPunks, just a short one today. If you love your chillies, spice and all things nice then the Festival of Heat in Shoreditch would have been right up your street. Fear not though, if you did miss out then there's always next year. Anyways we all know the year flies by, so before you know it, the next one will come around again.

On this particular occasion I was meant to do my latest FoodPunk video but unfortunately the venue was a tad too crowded and small for me to do any of it, so ultimately I've decided to write about it.








I've always had a soft spot for East London especially the Shoreditch/Hoxton area. The vibe and the atmosphere is always fantastic and with the weather being surprisingly on top form it made this festival even better for the people attending.

Inside the venue, you had small local businesses advertising and selling their fiery delights whether it was their own sauces or creating some mouth watering looking food with the humble chilli being the main event.










Crowds of people swarmed the area to get their chilli fix and it was difficult to get a look in but the food on offer looked fantastic and the aroma conjured up from dishes from all over the world was inviting. Unfortunately I didn't manage to try any of it as the queues were massive. Even the bar area was over run with people downing their pints enjoying the live music. It was great to see everyone having a brilliant time, relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere.

However all was not lost on my account as I happened to have stumbled across an awesome chilli sauce company called Sidekick.









For three bottles it only cost me a tenner which in all honesty is a bargain!!. They're a great accompaniment to anything that you love. they have bags of flavour and if you really do like that burning sensation, then the screaming pepper is ideal for you.
But obviously if you can't take that much heat, Sidekick do offer the more mellow variety such as mellow pepper. As you can see from my picture below, I go for more than the soft option.  It's addictive stuff and I have it with almost everything especially with Chinese food. Once those bottles have run out, I will definitely be ordering more.







It was a shame I couldn't get more from the event itself and would have loved to have done some filming but I suppose there's always next year.
Events like this showcasing ingredients like chillies is a fantastic way of expanding peoples minds and getting them to be more adventurous. It's not all about the heat or the burning sensation, there's a whole lot more to do with chillies. There is a ton of varieties out there with loads of different flavours waiting to be tried. I hope next year I can be more involved and hopefully more people will be spicing up their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment